Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pgseye

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Would someone be kind enough to explain the way Aperture uses it's folder structure and the difference between 'blue' folders, 'brown' folders, 'project' folders etc.

I'm wanting to manage the Aperture library using referenced files as I like my own folder structure and want to keep it non-proprietary in case I decide to change library management programs in the future. Currently I have about 5000 images organised by year>event (eg 2007>xmas), so it's pretty simple.

In the trial, I've imported my images as 'folders into a project' which means I've ended up with one project > brown folders representing years > albums containing images. I'm thinking this wasn't the best way to import as I've read it's better not to have too many images in one project.

So, what would be the best way to do it in this case? Import somehow so that a blue folder represents years and projects represent events?

Thanks a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.