Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2007
California
iGary I was going to ask you about Noise Ninja and how well it works with Aperture. I've also been checking out (looking at really) Hydra for the HDR aspects even though most like Photomatrix.
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/aperture/hydrahdrpluginforaperture.html if anyone has tried this plugin please give some feedback about it's overall performance and image quality.

Is the demo for hydra fully-functional? I'd be interested in it as well, I haven't yet bought in to Photomatix.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Hmm, I haven't upgraded my Noise Ninja license yet, still round-tripping to Photoshop. Given the memory footprint of PS (especially on a MBP limited to 2Gb of RAM) it sounds like it may be well worth it!

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Is the demo for hydra fully-functional? I'd be interested in it as well, I haven't yet bought in to Photomatix.

I'm not sure as I just got the full version of Aperture today for my B-day gift as I've been using the trial. Now the only plugin I need to find is one that gets rid of my gf's first floor fashion/Vegas changing/spare room because a dodge and burn brush won't cut it anymore :p

steeveage

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2004
Redwood City, CA

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
iGary I was going to ask you about Noise Ninja and how well it works with Aperture. I've also been checking out (looking at really) Hydra for the HDR aspects even though most like Photomatrix.
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/aperture/hydrahdrpluginforaperture.html if anyone has tried this plugin please give some feedback about it's overall performance and image quality.

I installed the demo of it, it seems to be fully functional other than the watermark. I was kinda underwhelmed by it.

I use the FlashAlbumExporter quite often for proofing; an automatic simpleviewer is pretty slick. Next year I plan to use Aperture to Smugmug when I start to sell prints for the racetrack again.

I think you mean editing plugins and... I have none. I'll have to look at NoiseNinja though.

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
I use the FlashAlbumExporter quite often for proofing; an automatic simpleviewer is pretty slick. Next year I plan to use Aperture to Smugmug when I start to sell prints for the racetrack again.

I'm an avid Smugmug user but the Ap plug in isn't that great… it takes up Aperture (i.e. not a background process). Easier to export and then use MacDaddy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.