Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buttongerald

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 29, 2016
St. John's, Newfoundland
Good Day Folks,

Recently while into my parents place, my father uncovered a box that was stored away long ago. Within this box were my old copies of Final Cut Studio, Aperture, Adobe CS5, and a bunch of other goodies, including a copy of OS X Panther.

Anyway, I installed Mavericks again and took a trip down memory lane, installing all of this software over the course of SEVERAL hours, including updates and hiccups.

I loaded some photographs into Aperture and I was happy to be editing within this software again, but I am wondering do any external presets exist? I never looked for them years ago and with the application now been put out to pasture, I am curious if anyone still uses the application and has or knows where to get presets.

I could move over to Lightroom, but I don't want to. I can easily go into Camera RAW as I do love it, but I always have a warm spot for Aperture and I love how well it runs and how easily I can organize my photographs.

If anyone can spare the time to pass along some information that'd be fantastic.

Thanks.

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
I've always had a soft spot for Aperture but it's time to move on. I still dream of what it could have been.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.