Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2002
I am currently using the trial version of Aperture and decided it's a keeper so I purchased the box version of it new. I called Apple support to see how to go about switching to the purchased version and he told me to NOT just enter the serial number that came with the box version, but to put in the disk and just install over the trial. This dosen't make sense to me, as the trial is the current 1.5.3 version and the box is 1.5. I would be going backwards in versions.

Anybody upgrade from trial to box? Can the serial number only be used with the software disk that comes with it?

Thanks for any help!

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
This dosen't make sense to me, as the trial is the current 1.5.3 version and the box is 1.5. I would be going backwards in versions

Well, I would guess that Aperture would update itself to latest version as soon as installation is finished. so I wouldn't worry about that part :).

PieMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2002
Well, I would guess that Aperture would update itself to latest version as soon as installation is finished. so I wouldn't worry about that part :).

I just didn't think that you could install an older version over the most current.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.