Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Can anyone shed light on this? I've just loaded some pix into Aperture, as per usual, but Aperture is running veeeeery slow. Pix loaded OK, but when I click on some of the thumbnails, to show in the 'viewing window', all I see is a maroon rectangle showing... and the words 'Unsupported image format'.

The hardware is a Nikon D200, computer is MBP. My first thought is that one of my CompactFlash cards may be corrupted...

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Can anyone shed light on this? I've just loaded some pix into Aperture, as per usual, but Aperture is running veeeeery slow. Pix loaded OK, but when I click on some of the thumbnails, to show in the 'viewing window', all I see is a maroon rectangle showing... and the words 'Unsupported image format'.

The hardware is a Nikon D200, computer is MBP. My first thought is that one of my CompactFlash cards may be corrupted...

It might be the preview that is busted... I really don't know. Try importing them again or just importing them in the Finder and using another App to view them like Preview.

Another thing to mention is that Aperture runs a lot smoother when the files are referenced, or when it generates smaller previews.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Thanks for this... the problem seems to have righted itself (well, no problems today, anyhow). So I'll just hope it was a one-off glitch. I'm an optimist... :)

neuroptera1

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2008
How to solve it

Hi all:

I had the same problem, but only with certain folders containing projects. Going inside the Aperture package, I found an inconsistency between the folder names on the Aperture library as displayed while the program ran, and the actual structure of the folders inside the package. If I tried to update it from the program side, it would crash, but fixing it from within the package didn't do any good.

Finally just rebuilt the library: Close Aperture and then reopen with Option+Command. It took several hours to rebuild the 83,000-image library, but now works perfectly.

Hope that helps.

safarisound

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2009
Unsupported image Format Aperture 2-

I am really hoping somebody can elaborate on the little Marron box with the caption "unsupported image format" that poped up in Aperature.

I just shot a wedding and was shooting in RAW (cr2 files) 200 shots in, I realized that I was eating up too much storage on my cards and changed setting from RAW to SRAW2. I then shot the rest of the wedding no prob and the time has come to do post production.

I am importing with Aperture- All of the images imported, however only the RAW (first 200 images) can be viewed. The others - after clicking the thumbnails, recieve the marron box with the dreded "unsupported image Format". WTF.

I can open all of the images in Canons Proprietary Software, Digital Photo Professional, but not in Aperature. (Frustrating as I'm just making the jump to Aperature and learning it's ins and outs.

Thoughts, Ideas?

Thanks,
ay

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Hmm, well I used to get that problem and what I do was just exit aperture and make sure in the aperture activity window nothing was running.

and if the problem still exist, I do a full Mac OS repair disk permission and maybe repair disk if there is a problem with the disk.

Mustard Chops

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2007
I am really hoping somebody can elaborate on the little Marron box with the caption "unsupported image format" that poped up in Aperature.

I just shot a wedding and was shooting in RAW (cr2 files) 200 shots in, I realized that I was eating up too much storage on my cards and changed setting from RAW to SRAW2. I then shot the rest of the wedding no prob and the time has come to do post production.

I am importing with Aperture- All of the images imported, however only the RAW (first 200 images) can be viewed. The others - after clicking the thumbnails, recieve the marron box with the dreded "unsupported image Format". WTF.

I can open all of the images in Canons Proprietary Software, Digital Photo Professional, but not in Aperature. (Frustrating as I'm just making the jump to Aperature and learning it's ins and outs.

Thoughts, Ideas?

Thanks,
ay

2 things;

1; Aperture doesn't support sRaw files.

2; Someone who shoots weddings should be able to spell Aperture.

Captpegleg

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
unsupported image

I get it a lot when I'm using Noise Ninja, it seems. Only remedy for me is to restart the app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.