Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sblasl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2004
Heber Springs, AR
Please request Apple to update Aperture ASAP to accommodate the new Nikon D3 & D300

Providing feedback via Aperture Feedback. To do this from Aperture MENU:

APERTURE > PROVIDE APERTURE FEEDBACK

or, just visit:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/aperture.html

Fill the form in asking for D3/D300 RAW support update. Apparently this form goes directly to Aperture developers and they do read it. So, more people fill this in, the higher the priority will be given.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Unfortunately it's got nothing to do with the Aperture developers. Aperture simply leverages the OS level support for RAW. You need to get the OS updated to support new RAW formats. Most likely this is coming in 10.5.2, or if that is a long way off Apple may offer a downloadable patch to add additional RAW support which they have done once before (400D/XTi support).

hi-there

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2007
Melbourne
Unfortunately it's got nothing to do with the Aperture developers. Aperture simply leverages the OS level support for RAW. You need to get the OS updated to support new RAW formats. Most likely this is coming in 10.5.2, or if that is a long way off Apple may offer a downloadable patch to add additional RAW support which they have done once before (400D/XTi support).

You are right that OS Update will see Aperture RAW converter updated as iPhoto uses the same RAW converter. However, it IS Aperture developers who are developing and fine tuning the raw converter. Apple support told me to do exactly the same - login to the link posted by OP and tell developers there are a large demand for update!

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
They're not going to update an entire OS to give you RAW support for 2 cameras, considering how few people (relatively speaking) have one of these 2 cameras in their hand. They're just waiting to bundle this RAW support with other things, which is understandable.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Last time it took about a month or so for them to update RAW conversion, and yes, that update included several cameras, not just Nikon, and then some non-photographic related software updates. I AM getting impatient, though, I wish they'd hurry!

uberfoto

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2006
I've sent in a few as well and mentioned it in other requests.

I wonder if they really do read those.

One thing that is kind of sad to see is the camera options are outdated. Even the D80 is missing from the drop down list. In the "other" applications, Photoshop is listed as "Photoshop/CS2".

Seems to me the page has been left alone for quite some time now. It's a bit dusty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.