Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
I can't seem to work this one out…

I'm trying to find dust spots using the loupe, so when I go to zap them the cursor changes and won't let me.

When I take the loupe away I've lost the spot.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
When I'm scanning for dust spots, I display the image at 100%, and scroll along the image (paying most attention to the sky, of course). This seems easier than using the loupe... at least it is for me... :)

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
When I'm scanning for dust spots, I display the image at 100%, and scroll along the image (paying most attention to the sky, of course). This seems easier than using the loupe... at least it is for me... :)

Thanks for the reply, I think I'll do it that way now…except I can't seem to find any scroll bars in Aperture at 100%, do I have to use the cumbersome little box or is there anyway to make it a bit bigger?

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Thanks for the reply, I think I'll do it that way now…except I can't seem to find any scroll bars in Aperture at 100%, do I have to use the cumbersome little box or is there anyway to make it a bit bigger?

Sorry, you're right, of course. I do my dust 'spotting' in PS these days, not Aperture...

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
Sorry, you're right, of course. I do my dust 'spotting' in PS these days, not Aperture...

If you don't mind me asking what's your Alamy workflow like?
I tend to be doing all my fixes in Aperture, haven't really found a need to use Photoshop I'm not really manipulating them as much as I used to ;)
But I export to PS for interpolation, so maybe it's better to be working on an interpolated image?

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
If you don't mind me asking what's your Alamy workflow like?
I tend to be doing all my fixes in Aperture, haven't really found a need to use Photoshop I'm not really manipulating them as much as I used to ;)
But I export to PS for interpolation, so maybe it's better to be working on an interpolated image?

I am not a PS expert, and, yes, I really only use it to prepare pix for Alamy: principially upsizing them as Tiffs to meet Alamy's size criteria and saving as JPEGS. I crop, spot for dust-spots (a no-no for Alamy), and I correct 'leaning' verticals.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.