Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sbryan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
I don't have the physical manual with me as I'm out of the country and I can't seem to find the answer in the Help PDF manual.

If you right-click on an Aperture project and create "New Folder", a folder is created within the project... but I haven't exactly found a use for them in my workflow.

What can they be used for? A folder can contain books, but not photos or projects...

Thanks,
Sean

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
Folders are very useful - in simple terms, they are best described as "Mini Projects" within projects. Like Projects, they can contain anything (Pictures, albums etc). However, items contained within folders do not appear in the main Project file.

OreoCookie

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2001
Sendai, Japan
There are two types of folders and both do the same thing: blue folders (folders outside of projects) and brown folders (folders inside of projects). Both can do the same thing, with the obvious exception that brown folders cannot contain projects. I have used them to sort picks, picks for book and favorites. Sub-albums contained pictures from slightly different events or pictures of people, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.