Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MichaelBarry

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2009
London
how can anyone know that for sure?

but my guess is YES. lightroom has the ability to do localized edits so I would imagine the next version of Aperture will too.

It's anyone's guess when the next version will be released but I suspect next june.

Paul Gitelson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
I find it interesting that my old $99 Microsoft photo editing software had this, but not this more expensive photo editing program. Also disturbing that you have to pay extra for any plug in.

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
As has been said may times, Aperture (and Lightroom) are not primarily photo editing programs. They are file management programs with which you can make basic adjustments. They are evolving into more full-fledged photo editing programs, but they are obviously not there yet.

What $99 microsoft photo editing software were you using?

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
As has been said may times, Aperture (and Lightroom) are not primarily photo editing programs. They are file management programs with which you can make basic adjustments. They are evolving into more full-fledged photo editing programs, but they are obviously not there yet.

What $99 microsoft photo editing software were you using?

You must not be using Lightroom properly. Lightroom is wayyyy more than just organzing and doing basic edits. You're crazy if you think so.

Paul Gitelson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
Digital Suite 9

When using my PC I was working with Microsoft Digital Suite 9. Microsoft stop producing it last year. Hate to have to invest in Photo Shop at this point.

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
You must not be using Lightroom properly. Lightroom is wayyyy more than just organzing and doing basic edits. You're crazy if you think so.

Compared to PS, LR is basic. LR and Aperture are, first and foremost, management applications.

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC

I'm not using Lightroom at all. I'm using Aperture.

A lot depends on your definition of "basic" edits.

As I said, these programs are evolving and incorporating more editing features. Presently, they remain less powerful than Photoshop.

Apparently, I'm also crazy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.