Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
I have IOS 15.3.1 on both an iPad and an iPhone. The last 2 times I wanted to add a new app via App Store it seemed to work, with the download spinning normally and after the download it changed to the "Open" icon and runs normally. However once I leave the App Store I cannot find the icon for the new app on any screen... This worked fine in previous versions. Am I missing something??

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
I have IOS 15.3.1 on both an iPad and an iPhone. The last 2 times I wanted to add a new app via App Store it seemed to work, with the download spinning normally and after the download it changed to the "Open" icon and runs normally. However once I leave the App Store I cannot find the icon for the new app on any screen... This worked fine in previous versions. Am I missing something??
App purchases are tied to your Apple ID. Does the App show up under App Store->Account->Purchased->My Purchases?

Paddle1

macrumors 603
May 1, 2013
They are probably set to be sent to the App Library.

Go into Settings > Home Screen and you can change it from there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.