Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 2, 2020
Currently running iOS 15.4.1 on an iPhone 8.

My iPhone App Store takes a LONG time to start downloading any app. Works just fine on my MacBook Pro.

Once I click the "Get" button and it turns into the Circle/Square loading icon, it just stops. The app just doesn't download.

Sometimes it takes 5-10 minutes to get moving, sometimes I have to cancel the download and re-try it, sometimes it takes restarting the entire phone to bring it back to normal. Sometimes even restarting the phone also doesn't do the trick, I just have to wait until the App Store feels like letting me download the app a few hours later.

Anyone else facing this issue as well? I'm not sure exactly when this started, but I suspect it has something to do with 15.4.1 since this is problem is relatively recent for me.

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 2, 2020
It has happened to me more often than not throughout the years.

That's an unfortunate problem to have had for so long. I've been in so many situations where I needed an app right then and there in the moment and I've never had to think twice about it before now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.