Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Short of manually exporting all my files to the windows equivalent format. Are there apps that will convert numbers, pages and keynote documents to the windows equivalent? with minimal lost formatting fonts etc.?

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Not sure if apps on the Mac side to convert to a Widows platform.... as why would there be for one... This some something that there's be a Widows program for.

Usually u wouldn't be using apps in the source (Mac) side,, u'd find the destination (Windows) platform to find apps for, as that's how its usually done. eg Find Windows programs to convert from Mac (or other formats), not the other way round.

Having said that, you can use "Export" from pages, keynote, and Numbers, but not all at once.. or perhaps you could use Automator.

Last edited:

dwig

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2015
Key West FL
...with minimal lost formatting fonts etc.?

There may be, or may not be, apps available to do bulk conversion. I couldn't say which and will leave that for others to offer guidance.

Fonts, though, are another matter. There are absolutely no fonts in any of the native format documents. Fonts are installed at the system level and the documents only contain a reference to the fonts by name. No matter how you convert the documents you will have to see that fonts with exactly the same names are installed on the Win system that will be accessing the documents.

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Not sure if apps on the Mac side to convert to a Widows platform.... as why would there be for one... This some something that there's be a Widows program for.

Usually u wouldn't be using apps in the source (Mac) side,, u'd find the destination (Windows) platform to find apps for, as that's how its usually done. eg Find Windows programs to convert from Mac (or other formats), not the other way round.

What?

G4DPII

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
I have not seen any that will do the converting outside of the original app. Doesn't mean they do not exist.

To be safe it would be a better idea to save the files to a windows format whilst in the app.

Reactions: dwig

Denmac1

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Lost in Space
Not sure if this would work, but I use Libre Office to convert files that my my manager sends me in Excel format. Perhaps that or Open Office might work to do your conversions.

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Not sure if this would work, but I use Libre Office to convert files that my my manager sends me in Excel format. Perhaps that or Open Office might work to do your conversions.
good idea I will download both and try my luck.

The other suggestions I read was to upload my documents to iCloud then download in MS office format on the windows PC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.