Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drrn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2021
I got my app watch SE gold 8 months ago, and last weak my hand hitted the radiator, uuuh i checked watch and saw scratch over that button now i cannt even wear it ???? i cant look at it ????
And i dont want and cant use a case for it now that it is scratched,
And mention that there is no apple care in my country

Attachments

• 449A152C-C73F-4D78-85E4-0E847C0F145F.jpeg
    449A152C-C73F-4D78-85E4-0E847C0F145F.jpeg
    445.6 KB · Views: 336
  • 10B06408-71A1-445A-A0DA-7C1519D37775.png
    10B06408-71A1-445A-A0DA-7C1519D37775.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 231

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland
Is that the only reason to join this forum, and even post twice about it ?
you did that yourself, and if you can't wear it any more, please give it to someone who does not care about that tiny scratch and can still use this perfectly good Apple watch :)

this is called a first world problem

Drrn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2021
Is that the only reason to join this forum, and even post twice about it ?
you did that yourself, and if you can't wear it any more, please give it to someone who does not care about that tiny scratch and can still use this perfectly good Apple watch :)

this is called a first world problem
???? when my staff specially idivices get scratched i cant think of them as perfect tools. Really what should i do ????

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
You mean throw it away??
No. I think he meant to try and not worry about it anymore. The watch still works doesn't it? Does your car have any tiny scratches? If it does, have you stopped using it completely? I am guessing you still drive the car (provided you have one).

Keep wearing the watch. No reason to not use it just because of a scratch.

bricktop_at

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2017
You mean throw it away??
Nope, accept it and keep wearing the watch. I know how you might feel as I also HATE it when I damage something of my tech (or whatever else really)… but that’s life. At least your AW now has a story to tell ?

Reactions: Mr. Awesome

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
2 options: do what everyone else has said and get over it - it still works, right?
Sell the watch and get a new one - just be prepared that same thing will happen again

Drrn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2021
No. I think he meant to try and not worry about it anymore. The watch still works doesn't it? Does your car have any tiny scratches? If it does, have you stopped using it completely? I am guessing you still drive the car (provided you have one).

Keep wearing the watch. No reason to not use it just because of a scratchi have a question, does this happened to me?? Or it will happen normally? I mean for SE

Drrn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2021
Nope, accept it and keep wearing the watch. I know how you might feel as I also HATE it when I damage something of my tech (or whatever else really)… but that’s life. At least your AW now has a story to tell ?
?

mk313

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2012
It looks like the scratch is on the screen (unless I missed something with the pictures). If it were mine, I'd try using a screen protector. They can mask a lot of scratches, so it looks like they aren't there. It would definitely be worth a try.

Drrn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2021
It looks like the scratch is on the screen (unless I missed something with the pictures). If it were mine, I'd try using a screen protector. They can mask a lot of scratches, so it looks like they aren't there. It would definitely be worth a try.
It has protector

GSWForever8

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2021
I got my app watch SE gold 8 months ago, and last weak my hand hitted the radiator, uuuh i checked watch and saw scratch over that button now i cannt even wear it ???? i cant look at it ????
And i dont want and cant use a case for it now that it is scratched,
And mention that there is no apple care in my country
I have multiple scratches on my watch. It’s fine, it’s called wear and tear.

Reactions: jdogg836

bricktop_at

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2017
i have a question, does this happened to me?? Or it will happen normally? I mean for SE
You‘re asking if scratches are an SE exclusivity and other models are scratch proof? Honestly?

Drrn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2021
You‘re asking if scratches are an SE exclusivity and other models are scratch proof? Honestly?
No i mean are SE models anti scratch? and i couldnt take care? Or it will happen for all any way?

bricktop_at

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2017
No i mean are SE models anti scratch? and i couldnt take care? Or it will happen for all any way?
NO model is anti scratch. You hit it hard enough and it will scratch/dent/break.
Are you trying to wind us up maybe?

One2Grift

Cancelled
Jun 1, 2021
The glass on smartphones has come along nicely. Back in the day it wasn't uncommon for me to see someone using a marred or cracked smartphone. I don't see that much now. But even with improvements it still can happen.

Any electronics especially with glass and especially that you carry with you will be susceptible to scratches, damage and outright 'it doesn't work anymore'. Put a protector on it to reduce the chances -- but there'll be no such thing as damage proof. That's just the way it is without any real exception.

Livvie

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2021
Wales
It’s not that bad! When I first got my watch I dropped it and took a little chip / scratch off it. Couldn’t stop seeing it and thinking about it for a while. Now I don’t even notice it, and I’m sure no one else does.
There are companies which make vinyl decals to wrap around the edges to give it a protective and stylish skin.
Don’t panic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.