Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I'm Slack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2021
Hi - Have been having an issue with a number of Apple apps being unusable on Big Sur. I have a number of issues and unfortunately haven't found a thread that covers it.

I have a late 2014 Mac Mini with 16 GB RAM and a 3 GHz Dual Core i7 processor.
I have mac OS 11.2.1 installed.

I have issues with calendar, mail, contacts to name a few randomly crashing and being unable to restart or crashing on restart.

I have run disk utility first aid on the mac HD, OS and data partitions

I have tried clearing cache folders from library / calendar

I have not been able to re-install Big Sur, though I tried through recovery mode, when I tried to select the mac OS partition as the boot disk for big sur, I got an error that the volume was not downgrade-able.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly received. I am close to sacking it and buying a new mini but would rather avoid that if I can!

I have att the crash report for the latest cal crash - will add others as I save them.

A final minor point, when I startup, I get a finder error screen saying can't load file. However, no mention of what file can't be loaded. Any way to find out whats missing and stop the error?

Many thanks

Ian

Attachments

• 210211 Cal crash report.pdf
    202 KB · Views: 236
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.