Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmackhack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
This is Asus's new version of the zenbook duo. This year they have made the 2nd screen tilt up for better viewing. The second screen is touchscreen, how about this as an alternative to the touchbar? Come one apple do something bold like this for the 16" apple silicon macbook pro.

asuszenbook.jpg

Asus' latest dual-screen ZenBook Duo is the perfect laptop for CES 2021 (msn.com)

• Haha
Reactions: jerryk

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
No trackpad though? I don't think I want to reach across my keyboard all the time and I don't want to carry a separate mouse or trackpad. I don't think this really works very well.

Never mind

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2018
Dunedin, Florida
Absolutely not. And Apple would never do something like that, so don’t even ask Apple to be bold.However, if you like it so much OP you can go over to the Darkside and buy one.

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
I am glad that others are innovating and trying to do new things. And I’m glad that laptops announced at this CES look very interesting.

That, said, hell no ?

Reactions: jdb8167

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
Just make the damn whole screen a touchscreen! Obviously still have the trackpad, but ALSO have the screen be touchsensitive for the occasions where that works better. Even better would be making the screen able to go flat and use the pencil on it.

Reactions: profcutter

Ethosik

Contributor
Oct 21, 2009
Just make the damn whole screen a touchscreen! Obviously still have the trackpad, but ALSO have the screen be touchsensitive for the occasions where that works better. Even better would be making the screen able to go flat and use the pencil on it.
No absolutely not. Windows 10 is still a mess. Lots of my 4K screen is essentially white space due to the large UI that needs to be used for both touch and keyboard/mouse. Adding touch screens will change how macOS works for those that don’t have touch screens too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.