Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fusionskies

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
United Kingdom
Hi, I’ve had an Apple Watch since day 0, and earlier this year the back popped off, so I sent it back, and received a replacement.

Later on, the screen on the replacement started to die, so I sent it back again for another replacement. I got a new one the other day and the side button is very loose. I took it to the Genius Bar, and the genius noticed how loose the button was, and he sent it off again.

I got an update from Apple today, saying they couldn’t duplicate the issue?

I don’t understand, I’m sure it’s an easy thing to replicate, it’s the button?.

Does this seem odd to me? What do you think I should do apart from questioning it when I collect the device up at the store?

Thanks, - T
[doublepost=1535583672][/doublepost] 583C9D9E-028A-4AFD-BDDB-C46B4C2EB553.jpeg

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
Hi, I’ve had an Apple Watch since day 0, and earlier this year the back popped off, so I sent it back, and received a replacement.

Later on, the screen on the replacement started to die, so I sent it back again for another replacement. I got a new one the other day and the side button is very loose. I took it to the Genius Bar, and the genius noticed how loose the button was, and he sent it off again.

Does this seem odd to me? What do you think I should do apart from questioning it when I collect the device up at the store?

Thanks, - T
[doublepost=1535583672][/doublepost] View attachment 778574

Is this a Series 0 Watch from 2015?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Thanks, - T
[doublepost=1535583672][/doublepost] View attachment 778574

Bring it back to the Apple Store again, this time, once you verify the issue is still present with the button being loose, contact a manager, explain the situation and have it sent back in. If the button feels faulty, then Apple needs to replace it. If they let you send it back in for repair, I would attach a note explaining the issue in detail, perhaps the repair tech who inspected your Watch wasn’t entirely sure specifically what you’re referring to.

Fusionskies

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
United Kingdom
Bring it back to the Apple Store again, this time, once you verify the issue is still present with the button being loose, contact a manager, explain the situation and have it sent back in. If the button feels faulty, then Apple needs to replace it. If they let you send it back in for repair, I would attach a note explaining the issue in detail, perhaps the repair tech who inspected your Watch wasn’t entirely sure specifically what you’re referring to.

The button works, maybe he just looked at that. There is a definite cosmetic issue at least.

I’ll be going to the apple store soon to collect it when it comes in, all I want is a watch free from defects.
With my 90 day warranty the last thing I want is the button popping off 91 days from now.

:/

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The button works, maybe he just looked at that. There is a definite cosmetic issue at least.

I’ll be going to the apple store soon to collect it when it comes in, all I want is a watch free from defects.
With my 90 day warranty the last thing I want is the button popping off 91 days from now.

:/

That would be my guess, is that the button actually functions normally, however, the tech was not aware of the excessive play with the button you were concerned with or it was not well documented from the Apple store employee. Those are two different things that they may have been looking at, which is why I indicated you should put a note with the watch if they send it back to indicating specifically what you’re referring to.

Fusionskies

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
United Kingdom
That would be my guess, is that the button actually functions normally, however, the tech was not aware of the excessive play with the button you were concerned with or it was not well documented from the Apple store employee. Those are two different things that they may have been looking at, which is why I indicated you should put a note with the watch if they send it back to indicating specifically what you’re referring to.

I think I’ll have to include a note, good idea. I have the Genius Bar notes as well. I’ll post an update when I go to collect it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.