Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcopelandia

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Des Moines, IA
So, on Jan 31. We made a payment late in the day, like around 10:30 pm of $100. Being late in the day I did not expect the payment to clear our bank that night, Jan 31/Feb 1. Like I thought it did not clear the bank until the next night on Feb 2. Well we got a notification from the Goldman Sachs bank that said the payment did not go through. I thought that is BS as I look at my bank statement and again seeing that it cleared. I chatted with a Goldman Sachs person who is putting through a payment dispute and I am waiting to hear back on that. I provided the screenshot from my bank showing it cleared.

My question for everyone is that is the same day that they had a communication error and nobody could make or payment or apply for the card as reported here at Macroumors. Did anybody have the same issue?

ogremoustro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
20 days late but here's my story. Apparently on Jan. 31st, Apple Card services crashed and my auto payment never went through for my balance from December purchases. On the bill generated in Febrauary for the purchases in January, my balance was equal to December balance + January balance, which makes sense I guess since the December balance wasn't paid. The thing is, there were no interests charged on the statement I got in Febrauary. So I don't know if Apple is aware of what happened and decided to not charge interest?

Another thing though, when I see the payment that was made this last day of the month, it is less than the amount needed to cover my January purchases, let alone January + December purchases. I have no idea what is going on. I contacted Apple support and was told they had to escalate the case because they don't know what occured either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.