Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theobsb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2023
Hey guys.
I live in Brazil, here you cannot hire Apple Care for iPhone, but it is covered by apple. I'm trying to hire through the website but an error appears when typing the SN. "Sorry, but we are unable to process your request. Please try again later or contact us". They ask to contact me by phone, but I don't know how to speak English. Has anyone ever experienced this? How did you solve it? Can anyone help me please?

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
Hey guys.
I live in Brazil, here you cannot hire Apple Care for iPhone, but it is covered by apple. I'm trying to hire through the website but an error appears when typing the SN. "Sorry, but we are unable to process your request. Please try again later or contact us". They ask to contact me by phone, but I don't know how to speak English. Has anyone ever experienced this? How did you solve it? Can anyone help me please?
Are you trying to buy AppleCare+ from the US web site, even though you're in Brazil? That won't work.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Hey guys.
Apple has Portuguese phone support in Brazil, just call in.

theobsb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2023
Guys, I don't need to call Brazilian support, there's no way to hire in Brazil, apple doesn't offer Apple Care for iphone in Brazil, it only supports apple care here.

"Previously, AppleCare+ was only available in Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, UK, and the US. This service exists for over a decade now but for a while, it’s only available in the United States"

spikeymike

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2010
CA
Ok. Well if Apple Care+ isn't offered in your country, then it isn't offered and you can't purchase it.

A little confused on what your trying to achieve if you already know it isn't offered and you can't purchase it...

And it doesn't hurt to give the support numbers a call and see if they can provide you with the info you need or redirect you to the proper line.

Last edited:

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
I do not know the reason for some of these Apple decisions. Here in Finland you can purchase Apple Care+ for two years but when that expires you cannot purchase the monthly plan. Apple Music is available by the month but the annual subscription is not available.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Unless you plan to bring the iPhone to USA if it needs repaired… then AC+ isn’t gonna do you any good in Brazil if it’s not sold there.

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
I do not know the reason for some of these Apple decisions. Here in Finland you can purchase Apple Care+ for two years but when that expires you cannot purchase the monthly plan. Apple Music is available by the month but the annual subscription is not available.
Apple does not have their own stores and staff and stock of hardware in a lot of countries but they have "Apple certified retailers"... this means that you simply can not expect the same service as shipping costs from Europe or Africa or Greenland or wherever to the US would be expansive and repairs would take to long...

theobsb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2023
Answering all, apple doesn't offer apple care+ to be bought in Brazil, but if you need the service here in Brazil it offers apple care+ warranty coverage, it's confusing I know but it works. I've tried calling Brazilian support several times, they can't help. I tried to make contact with American support but I don't know how to speak good enough English to be able to hire via call

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.