Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kdurbano

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2020
So I bought the iPad Air at bestbuy on Friday, with Apple care. I picked the iPad up yesterday I got an email showing the Apple care coverage etc and when I go to settings > about and I see applecare + coverage available “there are 79 days to add Apple care coverage for this iPad” I click on it, then continue then it says “ it looks like your device isn’t eligible for an applecare agreement “ ?

I called Apple support and they transfered me to the admin team or whatever that deals with this, and he said he is going to summit a ticket because of this problem ( sigh ) -__-

so when you guys bought your iPhones or iPads and got Apple care, how long did it take for the Apple care to register? Do I have to wait 72 hours since I just got the device yesterday? I got the email from bestbuy and it shows the agreement number for the Apple care. Now I gotta wait a couple days to see if he knows what the problem is unless i just have to wait 72 hours for it to register my device? Can anyone who experienced this let me know

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
It's the Agreement Team that deals with Applecare. Although I have only purchased AC from Apple directly, it usually takes 24 hours for the coverage to show up in my device settings and to get the Proof of Coverage email.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
It's the Agreement Team that handles AC. Although I've only purchased AC from Apple directly, it usually shows up in my device settings and Apple support account after 24 hours. Same with receiving the Proof of Coverage email.

Try checking your support account via the Support app or support.apple.com.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
It's the Agreement Team that deals with Applecare. Although I have only purchased AC from Apple directly, it usually takes 24 hours for the coverage to show up in my device settings and to get the Proof of Coverage email.
Same here. It has never taken longer than 24 hours for me to receive the coverage.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Check your devices in the Support app or at support.apple.com to see if it shows there.

Kdurbano

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2020
It's the Agreement Team that handles AC. Although I've only purchased AC from Apple directly, it usually shows up in my device settings and Apple support account after 24 hours. Same with receiving the Proof of Coverage email.

Try checking your support account via the Support app or support.apple.com.
When I checked the iPad on check coverage it shows everything is active for applecare but I was told when it’s activated and everything is registere, the Apple care coverage in the about settings is suppose to be “ grayed out” not blue
[automerge]1589742855[/automerge]
Yes, patience is key. :)
[automerge]1589743055[/automerge]
Check your devices in the Support app or at support.apple.com to see if it shows there.
see

Last edited:

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
My support screens look different. Try going to mysupport.apple.com. Once logged in, do you see your device(s) and does it show Applecare is active? If you tap on that device, do you get a detailed AC screen for it? If not, let us know how it goes in a couple of days.

Kdurbano

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2020
Yeah I got the proof coverage, but when I go to settings Apple care coverage is blue, ( supposed to be greyed out)

Kdurbano

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2020
My support screens look different. Try going to mysupport.apple.com. Once logged in, do you see your device(s) and does it show Applecare is active? If you tap on that device, do you get a detailed AC screen for it? If not, let us know how it goes in a couple of days.
Yup everything on check coverage is active, and when i download the Apple support app, it says “this iPad air” and underneath it says applecare+

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Yup everything on check coverage is active, and when i download the Apple support app, it says “this iPad air” and underneath it says applecare+

Great! And if you tap on that device, you should see the AppleCare+ detail screen. Sounds like you're all set!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.