Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexJ092

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
I have owned an IPhone since 2007 and I am always amazed at the level of customer service from Apple. Just last week I had to make an appointment as I dropped my phone into my cup of coffee, and then off the table as I reached to grab my phone which shattered my screen ?. At the appointment I was very honest about what happened and ended up laughing about it, it was probably a nervous laugh as I was worried about the cost as I am waiting patiently for the Iphone 13 release (Hurry up Apple!) The genius not only replaced my phone for free but also gave me a 512GB device for my 128GB one! Any stories that anyone would like to share?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Good to hear things worked out in your favor. I would say that outcome isn't common considering you damaged the phone and most would need to pay the out of warranty cost but I suppose every once and awhile you get a break..

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Always good to hear an anecdote depicting the great customer service that Apple is known for. You did get lucky, but nevertheless it was still great customer service.

Reactions: AlexJ092

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Any stories that anyone would like to share?
In 2015 I dropped my 6+ and the screen shattered. I went in to replace it and because iOS 9 was new and had just launched they told me they had a problem getting it on to my iPhone. Because of that they gave me a brand new iPhone for the cost of the screen repair.

Reactions: AlexJ092

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
The tech at the store liked you. It's up to their discretion to decide whether a phone gets replaced or not. If you showed up as a hostile A/Hole, the outcome would likely have been different.

AlexJ092

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
The tech at the store liked you. It's up to their discretion to decide whether a phone gets replaced or not. If you showed up as a hostile A/Hole, the outcome would likely have been different.
We had a good laugh about how I had broken my phone and I was more than willing to pay the full cost to have it repaired ?. I was just very lucky and we were talking about what I hope the new iPhone gets feature wise etc

IBMlover

macrumors member
May 4, 2021
Austria
The key for a good customer service experience:

Just be nice to the people working there, then you will be treated nice (mostly, like 9 out of 10 times for sure).
It could be so simple if people stop being mean all the time to the servicedesk workers.

Reactions: tedley and AlexJ092
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.