Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dreaming Fiction

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2017
Gold Coast, QLD
Hi there,

Recently the screen of my Macbook Pro (retina 13-inch) managed to get broken. I had been doing some research for price estimates on the internet and more than a few times I came across this 'apple depot flat rate' where Apple will send off your computer to be fixed for a flat rate of $320. At this price they will fix everything and anything that is wrong with your computer.

This sounds too good to be true and I'm also not certain that it is available where I live, in Australia.
Can anyone give me any information regarding this?

Thanks in advance.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi there,

Recently the screen of my Macbook Pro (retina 13-inch) managed to get broken. I had been doing some research for price estimates on the internet and more than a few times I came across this 'apple depot flat rate' where Apple will send off your computer to be fixed for a flat rate of $320. At this price they will fix everything and anything that is wrong with your computer.

This sounds too good to be true and I'm also not certain that it is available where I live, in Australia.
Can anyone give me any information regarding this?

Thanks in advance.
In the US, a screen repair would add quite a bit more money to the flat rate repair above the roughly $300 for non-display related flat rate repairs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.