Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brinary001

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
Midwest, USA
So this story is incredible and it's a stark reminder that there are more good people than you think. I've attached the link so I won't rewrite the story, but basically an autistic child ran into one of the fancy glass doors in a Tennessee Apple Store. Because a special need can amplify an otherwise non-traumatic experience, this employee knew just what to do. He sat on the ground with him in the store, continuing the transaction and giving tutorials on the iPad until the boy was ready to go.

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest given Apple's track record for hiring the best and most interpersonal people for their retail stores. As a kid I can remember going into my local store when I was 12 or 13 and being treated just like any other customer, despite handing over crumpled up cash from a summer of lawn mowing to buy an iPod. Even the people who don't like Apple's products highly praise their retail stores, and the number one reason is due to their staff.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/life/2016/01/25/apple-store-worker-wows-mother-child-autism/79327050/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.