Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryantbfh

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
UK
Boredatwork.com youtube hands on made me suspicious since the iconic apple store tables were in the back, he never actually had the device in hand during his review (only clips) and there was people walking in the back of his hands on. I look through his youtube and found that he was actually invited to an iPhone X preview event in New York City.

Maybe this means review unit weren't sent out yet? All the hands on will be from this, more personal demo display event.

meldea

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would be stunned if journalists don't have review units in their hands, for the simple reason that we would have heard about it.

Publication embargoes apply when you have the device, they wouldn't keep someone who doesn't have one from mentioning so.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
It's clear to me -- said in a different thread -- that he wasn't allowed to use the phone outside of the room he was in. So it's not a real life review. A preview of sorts.

But I'm 100% sure the real A-list reviewers have had units for at least a week or two. They could not do a semi-thorough real life review with out at least that much time with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.