Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrChagle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2020
England
Hi All,

I currently have Google Workplace, not that Apple support custom domain names I want to move over to Apple.

My Apple ID is <me@domain.com>, I want to bring <domain.com> to Apple, and add a user <me@domain.com> -- So to confirm I can use my AppleID which will also be my custom Domain/user?

Thanks.

PS - Anyone else moved from Google Workplace to Apple?

sojer2005

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2007
Hi All,

I currently have Google Workplace, not that Apple support custom domain names I want to move over to Apple.

My Apple ID is <me@domain.com>, I want to bring <domain.com> to Apple, and add a user <me@domain.com> -- So to confirm I can use my AppleID which will also be my custom Domain/user?

Thanks.

PS - Anyone else moved from Google Workplace to Apple?

Hi, my Apple ID is also < name@domain.me > and I have moved my < domain.me > to Apple iCloud+. It is working fine. Apple ID is still < name@domain.me >, nothing changed. It should work I think.

sojer2005

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2007
Maybe Apple have "fixed" this. I'll give it ago. Thank you
Let me know how it went.
However, I noticed a small problem with aliases: Apple allows three aliases under one domain, yesterday I deleted one and added another. While this deleted alias is no longer visible in the e-mail web interface, it is still available in the iOS e-mail program and I can send and receive e-mail, even though it was deleted yesterday.

MrChagle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2020
England
Let me know how it went.
However, I noticed a small problem with aliases: Apple allows three aliases under one domain, yesterday I deleted one and added another. While this deleted alias is no longer visible in the e-mail web interface, it is still available in the iOS e-mail program and I can send and receive e-mail, even though it was deleted yesterday.
Thanks for the info. I'll probably look at changing over at the weekend.

jimmysalg

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2007
Miami
Let me know how it went.
Yea I think its a bug. I tried deleting one, and it disappeared for a while then it magically came back. Also I was still receiving emails to that address, then it stoped for a little bit, only to come back again. Seems like some bugs still need to work out.

sojer2005

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2007
Yea I think its a bug. I tried deleting one, and it disappeared for a while then it magically came back. Also I was still receiving emails to that address, then it stoped for a little bit, only to come back again. Seems like some bugs still need to work out.
Yes, most definitely a bug. At this point I have 4 addresses which are visible in the mail settings on iPhone and iPad and are active. Only three of them are visable on the custom domain config page.

Can you check if the e-mails sent by the Mail App on your iPhone or iPad are signed with DKIM? It seems to me that the SMTP server does not add the DKIM signature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.