Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WeHo Guy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2019
I need some help here. Let me quickly fill you in on what has happened. I noticed on my bank statement that I had several recurring charges from iTunes that I didn’t make. When I say several, I’m talking about 10-15 $59.99 and $99.99 charges made within seconds of each other in a block. Clearly my account was compromised. I reported it to the bank and then my Apple ID came up as disabled. I called Apple support and they asked me some security verification questions, and reenabled it. This happened several times over the next month. Seemingly anytime I made a purchase, my account then became disabled until I called in and verified the purchases. It was annoying, but I just accepted it. I got the same disabled alert last night, but this time when I called, support told me it was permanently disabled and I have to set up a new Apple ID. My concern then became, that there is a lot of money, not to mention time, that I have invested in certain games and programs linked to my disabled Apple ID through Game Center. I was given no prior warning as to it being permanently disabled after dozens of times that all they needed to do was verify my purchases and the enable it again. I don’t want to lose the money and time invested in the games and apps that are now locked to my former Apple ID that is now disabled permanently. How can I recover this data, purchases and status levels achieved and get them transferred to my new Apple ID. There must be a way. Can any one help me....please?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I need some help here. Let me quickly fill you in on what has happened. I noticed on my bank statement that I had several recurring charges from iTunes that I didn’t make. When I say several, I’m talking about 10-15 $59.99 and $99.99 charges made within seconds of each other in a block. Clearly my account was compromised. I reported it to the bank and then my Apple ID came up as disabled. I called Apple support and they asked me some security verification questions, and reenabled it. This happened several times over the next month. Seemingly anytime I made a purchase, my account then became disabled until I called in and verified the purchases. It was annoying, but I just accepted it. I got the same disabled alert last night, but this time when I called, support told me it was permanently disabled and I have to set up a new Apple ID. My concern then became, that there is a lot of money, not to mention time, that I have invested in certain games and programs linked to my disabled Apple ID through Game Center. I was given no prior warning as to it being permanently disabled after dozens of times that all they needed to do was verify my purchases and the enable it again. I don’t want to lose the money and time invested in the games and apps that are now locked to my former Apple ID that is now disabled permanently. How can I recover this data, purchases and status levels achieved and get them transferred to my new Apple ID. There must be a way. Can any one help me....please?
Interesting. Two of our company credit cards had a similar issue including mine.
Fortunately my Apple ID and company credit card are completely separate.

Have you spoken to Apple?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
You can ask Apple to transfer the purchases over to the new ID. Their policy is that that that isn't done. Good luck with that.

Do you have 2FA turned on? It doesn't sound like you do. Turn it on ASAP.

You should also change all your passwords and put a freeze on your credit with the major bureaus.

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
I had a similar issue. I noticed that someone attempted to hack my Apple ID. I called Apple support and the customer service rep who was attempting to help me accidentally managed to permanently disable my account. Something to do with forcing 2 Factor Authentication, but she didn't write down some code she needed to verify it and couldn't recover it. I had to create a new Apple ID, and lost everything that was associated with the old one. Software, music, etc.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I had a similar issue. I noticed that someone attempted to hack my Apple ID. I called Apple support and the customer service rep who was attempting to help me accidentally managed to permanently disable my account. Something to do with forcing 2 Factor Authentication, but she didn't write down some code she needed to verify it and couldn't recover it. I had to create a new Apple ID, and lost everything that was associated with the old one. Software, music, etc.

WTF that sounds like Apple owes you monies if one of their representatives made this error.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.