Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

curtis41

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2020
I have a and one and one-half year-old iMAC, a MacBook Air, received December before last , and a new, old model iPhone 8. Apple Store has been sending persistent notifications on my iPhone,

My question, and considerable frustration is are there multiple Apple IDs needed to access these three devices (Apple Store, etc.)??. My iPhone keeps asking for my Apple ID, and when I enter the proper name and password for my iMAC, it chokes. Someone please help me.

Parenthetically, I have used the iMAC actually 1 1/2 years now. I suffered DOS 1.0 on an IBM to 7 pro, and switched to Linux, for 8-9 years B.A. (before wonderful Apple), rather than beta test for Bill Gates any more. Love my apple devices., but how am I to buy Apple Store stuff and other Apple services? :)

Imac Sam

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2011
Harrisonburg, Virginia
I had the same issue but on my Iphone. The phone would not take it. So my advice is sign out of your Icloud account and remove it from your iphone including when it asks you about the icloud items staying on your phone (contacts, notes, reminders, photos, etc). Restart the phone. Then sign back into your Icloud account and add those items back. If this does not work then I recommend a good backup and then perhaps an OS reinstall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.