Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carizma22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2005
Houston, TX
After putting it off for literally years, I decided to upgrade my Late 2015 Macbook Air from Yosemite to Sierra. It went seamlessly, but now I am dealing with a problem with iTunes and the APP store.

About 15 months ago, I got locked out of my Apple ID because of losing my two-factor key number to reset my apple id password. After the efforts of the Apple Care crew, I was able to create a new Apple ID and have everything disconnected from the old one, including find my iPhone etc. Now the App store is back to asking for the password for my old Apple ID and there is no way to change that ID in the ID field because it is grayed out. Since I had lost the password for that old ID, I can't do any more updating of apps or operating systems.

I did manage to sign into my apple mail account and log into iCloud with my new ID, so it seems to be local to the app store and iTunes.

Does anyone have an idea about how to resolve this.
[doublepost=1528047210][/doublepost]Ive just thought of something. Maybe it is because the apps I am trying to update were installed originally with the old id. I managed to update Dashlane today with my new ID. But the ones that ask for the old id are garage band, pages, numbers, keynote and daisy disk. Since I never use any of them, can I uninstall them? How would I do that. And if I then wanted them back, would I have to pay for them?

carizma22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2005
Houston, TX
If an admin reads this, maybe you could just delete this post since i have found a work around for my issue

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
Just a thought here. You have been a member since 2005, 13 years, and have only 44 posts. It appears you only come here to ask questions, and when you get your answer you leave. You don't contribute. It appears you have found an answer to a problem that maybe others have, but yet you choose to to share. I'm glad you solved your issue, but you may want to share what you did. Again, just a thought.

Lou

carizma22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2005
Houston, TX
Just a thought here. You have been a member since 2005, 13 years, and have only 44 posts. It appears you only come here to ask questions, and when you get your answer you leave. You don't contribute. It appears you have found an answer to a problem that maybe others have, but yet you choose to to share. I'm glad you solved your issue, but you may want to share what you did. Again, just a thought.

Lou
Good point Flowrider. I don’t mean to be a taker and not give anything back. I have in the past given information. Like the last time I dealt with the Apple ID issue.

What I did this time was to go to Launcher and click and hold the mouse button down until the apps started to wiggle. And then clicked on the little cross to delete the app. I didn’t even know I had a launcher. Not all the apps I wanted to uninstall were in the launcher though. So then I went to my applications folder. One app had an unistaller right there, so I used that. Another one I just dragged to the trash. And then my Clean My Mc 3 app kicked in and asked if I wanted to totally uninstall it. So I agreed. But there was an unanticipated consequence.

When I went to the App Store to reinstall some of these apps, like iMovie, I was told that I needed High Sierra. So I looked into updating to High Sierra. But if upgrade, my Microsoft Office 2011 is not going to work because it is only 32 bit. I’d rather not have to buy a new MS Office. Or pay s yearly fee for 360. So I guess I’ll do without iMovie. Unless someone has a work around.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
Thank you for contributing. And this is what happens when you contribute:

First - MS Office 2011 (V 14.7.7) runs just fine in HS. However, you are correct, it is 32 bit, and will not work in the next MacOs 10.14, but as I said it runs just fine on HS.

Second - MS Office 2016 is available as a software package without a yearly fee. I own MS Office 2016, Home and Office Edition, and if I remember correctly I paid $69. for my license.

Lou

carizma22

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2005
Houston, TX
Thank you for contributing. And this is what happens when you contribute:

First - MS Office 2011 (V 14.7.7) runs just fine in HS. However, you are correct, it is 32 bit, and will not work in the next MacOs 10.14, but as I said it runs just fine on HS.

Second - MS Office 2016 is available as a software package without a yearly fee. I own MS Office 2016, Home and Office Edition, and if I remember correctly I paid $69. for my license.

Lou
Thanks a lot. So maybe I will update to High Sierra then. And wait till I see how the next OS pans out before taking the next leap. But $69 seems very little for the software. I’ll look into it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.