Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DonarRaja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2022
India
I am looking to buy myself a customised MacBook Pro 16 inch with M1 pro chip. Since customisations are only available via Apple Online store in India, the expected delivery dates shown to me are 2 months from now i.e.- 14th July-27th July. I can't buy this from an offline store because only base models are available with them. Is there any way i can get them early like within a month or so? I don't know why Apple is taking this long to ship my MacBook. Is there any chance they might deliver before their expected delivery date or will they'll take approx 2 months only?
Screenshot 2022-05-18 at 11.22.56 AM.png

svish

macrumors G4
Nov 25, 2017
Delivery timelines are generally delayed for all Macs.

There are people whose delivery timeframe have been delayed after ordering. Most probably it will be delivered by the time mentioned while placing order provided there are no further restrictions in China.

Highly unlikely that it will be delivered a month before. Maybe you could expect it by early July.

DonarRaja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2022
India
Delivery timelines are generally delayed for all Macs.

There are people whose delivery timeframe have been delayed after ordering. Most probably it will be delivered by the time mentioned while placing order provided there are no further restrictions in China.

Highly unlikely that it will be delivered a month before. Maybe you could expect it by early July.
Okay. So it's likely that I'll have to wait for atleast 2 months. Can I ask any local retailer to get it for me? If they order a customised mac in place of me, will they get it early or is it the same?

Okay. So it's likely that I'll have to wait for atleast 2 months. Can I ask any local retailer to get it for me? If they order a customised mac in place of me, will they get it early or is it the same?
You can but I highly doubt they can do anything about it. Since delivery timeframe are delayed for MacBook. Especially the custom ones.

If you want it right away. Your best option may be go with the stock model.

DonarRaja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2022
India
You can but I highly doubt they can do anything about it. Since delivery timeframe are delayed for MacBook. Especially the custom ones.

If you want it right away. Your best option may be go with the stock model.
I wish I could go with the stock one. But I really can't. I need atleast 32GB of ram with 1tb of ssd. I might be able to get 1TB ssd in the stock model but ram I will have to customise.

svish

macrumors G4
Nov 25, 2017
Apple Authorized Reseller will take order for a custom configuration. Don’t think placing a custom order with local retailer or Apple Authorized Reseller/Apple Premium Reseller will get any priority.

Buying direct from Apple should be the fastest way.

I prefer to buy direct from Apple. You can see the status of the order for yourself.

DonarRaja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2022
India
Apple Authorized Reseller will take order for a custom configuration. Don’t think placing a custom order with local retailer or Apple Authorized Reseller/Apple Premium Reseller will get any priority.

Buying direct from Apple should be the fastest way.

I prefer to buy direct from Apple. You can see the status of the order for yourself.
Yeah you are right, I’ll buy it myself. At least that way I’ll be able to track my order status. I actually checked shipping times in US also, it’s the same as in India. The page says- Ships in 7-9 weeks (for custom macs). I guess this is a very common time frame for custom macs. I do feel though maybe it could have been faster.

svish

macrumors G4
Nov 25, 2017
Yeah you are right, I’ll buy it myself. At least that way I’ll be able to track my order status. I actually checked shipping times in US also, it’s the same as in India. The page says- Ships in 7-9 weeks (for custom macs). I guess this is a very common time frame for custom macs. I do feel though maybe it could have been faster.
Will be a long wait but will be worth it. Hope you get it soon. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.