Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sankew

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 18, 2020
So I've had a lot of issues with my iPhone 13 Pro, the first one was camera dust, and they offered to repair it for free under warranty, this was at the genius bar in UAE on December 2022, but in about 2 months i had the same dust problem and my face ID stopped working, i was in a country with no apple store, so i waited till this May to get my phone repaired at genius bar, and other problems kept on springing up, i had cellular issues, i had charging issues, and my phone often got hot

so last week i went to the genius bar, they did tests for about an hour and concluded they'd do a rear case replacement, but they failed to do it within the timeframe i asked, so they gave me a replacement iPhone 13 Pro, but i already had an issue with the phone while i was in the store, the front camera looked odd, i could easily see it(which is a tell tell sign something is wrong) and the quality was very bad, i asked them for another replacement at the same store, but they said it's probably due to the place I'm in and i should wait and use the phone until i should come in for a repair again, and 4 days later, i went to another store, and the genius did not even bother checking the phone and just bought out a new replacement iPhone in 5 minutes

Note that i had no Apple Care and all of this happened 1 month before my warranty ended

Was i too lucky or does this normally happen?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 15.39.54.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 15.39.54.png
    230.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 15.43.03.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 15.43.03.png
    231.8 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
So I've had a lot of issues with my iPhone 13 Pro, the first one was camera dust, and they offered to repair it for free under warranty, this was at the genius bar in UAE on December 2022, but in about 2 months i had the same dust problem and my face ID stopped working, i was in a country with no apple store, so i waited till this May to get my phone repaired at genius bar, and other problems kept on springing up, i had cellular issues, i had charging issues, and my phone often got hot

so last week i went to the genius bar, they did tests for about an hour and concluded they'd do a rear case replacement, but they failed to do it within the timeframe i asked, so they gave me a replacement iPhone 13 Pro, but i already had an issue with the phone while i was in the store, the front camera looked odd, i could easily see it(which is a tell tell sign something is wrong) and the quality was very bad, i asked them for another replacement at the same store, but they said it's probably due to the place I'm in and i should wait and use the phone until i should come in for a repair again, and 4 days later, i went to another store, and the genius did not even bother checking the phone and just bought out a new replacement iPhone in 5 minutes

Note that i had no Apple Care and all of this happened 1 month before my warranty ended

Was i too lucky or does this normally happen?
Apple is honoring the warranty. I'd say, if luck was involved, you had a string of bad luck to keep getting defective phones.

Reactions: addamas
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.