Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Are we ever gonna see an Apple product like an lcd/pled tv? Once there were rumors regarding such a display... now?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Are we ever gonna see an Apple product like an lcd/pled tv? Once there were rumors regarding such a display... now?
I very much doubt it. Why would they? What size would they make? Monitors are pretty much 2-3 different sizes. TV's come in a whole manner of sizes. So if they release a 50" TV in the US it might not be appropriate for other countries. The real money in TV is streaming and selling you the content.
Thats why there are so bloody many of them!

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
You believe it isn't wise to be waiting, and not buying an lcd/oled tv, but stay on the wait for an Apple TV display?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
You believe it isn't wise to be waiting, and not buying an lcd/oled tv, but stay on the wait for an Apple TV display?
I’d be very surprised if they released one. It just doesn’t seem like the direction Apple is going in. Just buy a good quality TV and plug in an ATV.

ruka.snow

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
Scotland
They're not cheap

Multiply the LG TV by many times to get a Apple TV. The Apple TV would have to be something so out of the norm for the category such as micro LED and an all aluminium body, edge to edge screen, and with AirSpeakers and whatever else can make up a $5k TV that is so different from everyone else on the market that it will make the current crop of TV's look like old tech.

Then a few months everyone else will be selling the tech or close enough at a fraction of the cost because TV's are a really competitive market.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011

You mean that Apple display in a lounge they were hinting at (i think) rumored?

The joke for not creating one sounds even more fun. :

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.