Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Looking to get the apple leather sleeve for my M1 MBA. If you own(ed) one, which color did you get and what are your impressions? If you have the von Holzhausen sleeve or folio also would like to hear about it.

Thanks!

Sorry if this is not the right place to post.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I considered one when I got my M1 MBA, but I didn't like that Apple's opened on the long side. I ended up getting a Woolnut sleeve and love it. The leather has aged beautifully.

Reactions: shr631

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
I considered one when I got my M1 MBA, but I didn't like that Apple's opened on the long side. I ended up getting a Woolnut sleeve and love it. The leather has aged beautifully.
Yep, I’m also concerned about that but I’m thinking my use case prioritizes convenience and minimalism more so than proper protection in this ‘case’ ? Wouldn't mind seeing pics of the aged Woolnut if you have a couple.

glindon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2014
Phoenix
Looking to get the apple leather sleeve for my M1 MBA. If you own(ed) one, which color did you get and what are your impressions? If you have the von Holzhausen sleeve or folio also would like to hear about it.

Thanks!

Sorry if this is not the right place to post.
I have the midnight blue paired with my gold 13” Air. I wish they made it for the new 16” because it is one of my favorite sleeves I’ve owned. It is definitely a minimalist sleeve and only offers scratch protection. I certainly wouldn’t want to drop my MacBook as the sleeve isn’t going to help much in that regard. The sleeve does loosen up over time so you also wouldn’t want to hold the sleeve upside down as the MacBook might fall out. I’ve had mine for a year and it doesn’t have a patina but it’s probably because it’s a dark color to begin with.

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
I have the midnight blue paired with my gold 13” Air. I wish they made it for the new 16” because it is one of my favorite sleeves I’ve owned. It is definitely a minimalist sleeve and only offers scratch protection. I certainly wouldn’t want to drop my MacBook as the sleeve isn’t going to help much in that regard. The sleeve does loosen up over time so you also wouldn’t want to hold the sleeve upside down as the MacBook might fall out. I’ve had mine for a year and it doesn’t have a patina but it’s probably because it’s a dark color to begin with.
Thanks and blue sleeve on the gold MBA must be a great looking combo! I’m undecided on color. Sounds like there’s no noticeable aging l, so what I buy is what it’ll look like for a while. If it’s easy to post, I’d love to see a pic of the midnight blue on gold.

mj_

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2017
Austin, TX
The sleeve does loosen up over time so you also wouldn’t want to hold the sleeve upside down as the MacBook might fall out.
After reading this I'm glad I didn't purchase one when I got my M1 Air back in late 2020, because I seriously considered it based on the sleek looks and minimalist aesthetics. Instead, I dediced to keep my function-over-form $13 Amazon Basics felt laptop sleeve that I purchased back in 2017 for my then 13" MacBook Pro. It may not look nearly as sleek as Apple's leather sleeve but truth be told for $180 I expect that sleeve to not wear out and loosen up. That's disgraceful if you ask me.

glindon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2014
Phoenix
Thanks and blue sleeve on the gold MBA must be a great looking combo! I’m undecided on color. Sounds like there’s no noticeable aging l, so what I buy is what it’ll look like for a while. If it’s easy to post, I’d love to see a pic of the midnight blue on gold.

3E4163EF-E186-43E2-9E16-101F3F4D4C91.jpeg AAEED8E0-7EE8-4EF7-A6B1-9FEDAEBB5CFC.jpeg 8990A3C0-1E70-4730-A434-96319CB4D647.jpeg F80D4971-BB2D-48F2-BFF6-4BAA9697B3AD.jpeg DF2BDAB4-871D-44E9-AED6-3227D563AAAF.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.