Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlienRei

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
Italy
Greetings everyone,
I need help, big help in this. I have Apple Mail 9.3 El Capitan and various folders inside it. Everything works fine but when I import emails from Thunderbird (I used it for a while and regret it) in mbox format Mail.app keeps hiding random emails. I know they are there because if I try to find them with the searchbox they instantly show up and I also see them in the mail folder using Finder, but there is no way I can show them in Apple Mail until I open them from Finder.
I also deleted the Envelope index files and rebuilt mailboxes.
How is it possible?

Thank you for any help.

Bye
Alan

AlienRei

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
Italy
First, make sure that, in a folder/mailbox with the "missing" email, View>Organize by Conversation is unchecked.

I did it, no folder is organized as a conversation, the strange thing is that I have folders with thousands of emails and they are fine, others with just 145 I can see only a few messages... That's extremely odd. All the files are present in finder.

AlienRei

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
Italy
Nobody got any clue? I can't figure this out, the emails files are all there, but I can't show them in Apple Mail, very very odd!

DavidinSF

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
Nobody got any clue? I can't figure this out, the emails files are all there, but I can't show them in Apple Mail, very very odd!

Have you figured this out? I have the exact same issue. Have tried everything, including “rebuild”.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.