Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StephenLebon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2020
I really like the Apple Maps Guides feature as introduced in iOS 14, and very much improved in iOS 15. I created several personal guides, that I use frequently when visiting a city on a holiday or business trip.

However, does anyone know whether it is possible to add a description or note for each location that is saved in the guide? Sometimes I don't remember WHY I had saved a certain location is one of my guides... E.g. when saving a restaurant, I would like to add a short description of that restaurant... who did recommend it? Why is the food here so special? Where did I read the restaurant review?

When looking at the curated guides in Apple Maps that are offered by companies such as Lonely Planet, Time Out, Culture Trip etc., such a description is visible for each location - pls see example of Louis Vuitton City Guide '24 Hours in Amsterdam'. There must be a way to add a description, but how???

Attachments

• E165325B-D0EB-4DC5-B5B8-E4AD063E13DF.png
    E165325B-D0EB-4DC5-B5B8-E4AD063E13DF.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 202

barbu

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2013
wpg.mb.ca
I don’t see a way to do that either. Perhaps you could save them as “contacts” and add custom info there? Then bundle your contacts into a guide? Not sure if it works like that.

StephenLebon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2020
I don’t see a way to do that either. Perhaps you could save them as “contacts” and add custom info there? Then bundle your contacts into a guide? Not sure if it works like that.
Yep, that’s the work-around I was thinking of, thx. But how do the companies that offer curated guides in Maps add the descriptions for the locations?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.