Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

El_Capitan

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
I've got all my playlists synced through iCloud and Apple Music. Yesterday I have downloaded two songs via my mobile phone and they play fine on it and I see them being added to my Mac as well. But... when I try to play these songs on my Mac it gives me this error message saying "There was a problem downloading... ...authorization is needed to access..." and it doesn't do anything.

I don't get it, I don't know where to authorize it, isn't it supposed to be authorized automatically anyway? What's going on here?

Marc_S

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2017
United Kingdom
Hi, open iTunes and go to Account in the menu bar. Scroll down to Authorizations and choose 'Authorize This Computer'. Not sure if you have to reboot and resync afterwards. Hope it works and all the best.

Reactions: orico and Brookzy

El_Capitan

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Hi, open iTunes and go to Account in the menu bar. Scroll down to Authorizations and choose 'Authorize This Computer'. Not sure if you have to reboot and resync afterwards. Hope it works and all the best.
Thanks! It worked. Had no idea. lol

Reactions: orico
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.