Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lreese72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2017
Hi all! I’m hoping somebody can help me. I have a family subscription to Apple Music. My son never received an invite and when I go to invite him again, I can’t. When I tap on family sharing, it says “family sharing can’t be started. Please ask Lisa for an invite.” I am Lisa!! So frustrating! Any help appreciated!

Brenster

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Hi all! I’m hoping somebody can help me. I have a family subscription to Apple Music. My son never received an invite and when I go to invite him again, I can’t. When I tap on family sharing, it says “family sharing can’t be started. Please ask Lisa for an invite.” I am Lisa!! So frustrating! Any help appreciated!

Try logging out of Apple Music, Family Sharing and Apple ID on your iPhone, then log back in. It’s not guaranteed but many have found that this seems to ‘kick’ whatever needs kicking on your Apple Music account.

let us know if it works or not.

Lreese72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2017
Try logging out of Apple Music, Family Sharing and Apple ID on your iPhone, then log back in. It’s not guaranteed but many have found that this seems to ‘kick’ whatever needs kicking on your Apple Music account.

After 4 nights of being on the phone with Apple, they finally figured it out. I had another Apple ID that I completely forgot about. The Apple rep looked up the ID and I stopped Family Sharing for that ID.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.