Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lyndeam

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
I purchased a family apple music plan for myself and my husband. Since the family plan includes up to 6 users I just today put my father on the plan as well. My question is that since I'm the organizer of the family sharing plan will my credit card be charged if my father makes a purchase with his phone? He has his own apple ID and payment options set up. I only wanted to add him to my apple music account to show him how much better it was compared to pandora :). I want to share my apple music account with him but I want him to be able to use his own credit card for his own purchases. I'm concerned that since he's on my family sharing that my card is now his default. Can anyone confirm how this will really work?
Thanks!

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
As above your sol. The only way around it I've found it to apple vouchers to individual accounts.

bumbo

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
Yeah all purchases will go on your CC apart from in app purchases (these are charged against the billing info of that specific account regardless of family sharing)

Like the above poster I just fill up my account with iTunes voucher credit - it's always on offer somewhere discounted!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.