Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
I use the iOS Music app to play my music on my iPhone and even my iPad, but Music.app has become nagware with the introduction of Apple's overpriced low-fidelity subscription streaming service.

Anyway, is there any way to stop the app from switching over to the Apple Music side of the application and just stay in the section that houses my personal library?

I am almost ready to go Android just to get rid of this (and to embrace higher fidelity music on my portable device).

Help!

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
I use the iOS Music app to play my music on my iPhone and even my iPad, but Music.app has become nagware with the introduction of Apple's overpriced low-fidelity subscription streaming service.

Anyway, is there any way to stop the app from switching over to the Apple Music side of the application and just stay in the section that houses my personal library?

I am almost ready to go Android just to get rid of this (and to embrace higher fidelity music on my portable device).

Help!

Have you tried going to Settings -> Music and turning off Show Apple Music ?

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
:)

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 155
Reactions: Kevsta26
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.