Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
I gave AM as many chances as I can but it is still a major buggy mix. I am tired of songs skipping I can be listening to a song and then half way it skips to the next song randomly. Also AM is so dependent on iCloud it is not funny. If iCloud goes down for a few minutes nothing works on AM.

Also the Android app is a major battery hog. I complained about Play Music really stupid too but I can listen to two full albums with only about 2% drain and the phone is cool. AM drain is about 10% and the phone is warm. BTW this is with the screen off. If I try just opening a photo app or a webpage my phone gets very warm and the battery drains 2% a clip.

Now with there $99 gift card for a year of AM after which still no web player. The iTunes player is still a pig, the constant annoying prompts to enter my Apple ID at random times I wonder if anyone was able to get a partial refund. I will contact Apple tomorrow but I really don't want no gift card credit I want it into back into my credit card.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
No sympathy since you had a FULL 90 days FREE trial period to determine if :apple:Music was was what you wanted or not. And if still in doubt then you could have easily just paid for single month and had a full 120 days to try for only $10. If you can't figure it out in that HUGE amount of time then it is on you.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
On ios it has issues as well. New music mix not showing up is one example.
Thank you. Your not rude and snarky just because I use the enemies OS's. Also reading here many having the same issues are on Mac and iOS.

As for the three month trial yes I know about that. I used it then cancelled for a while. Also AM has been out for over a year and it still has not fixed the many issues plaguing it.

Also great article here and she is using iOS and a iPhone.
http://mashable.com/2016/05/10/how-to-fix-apple-music/

Last edited:

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
What "enemy"?? I owned Nexus phones for 3 years. And who is being "snarky and rude"? If anything I was criticizing Apple, not you.
Sorry about that. I was not you but the other first poster. Just really peeved I paid a year in advanced and the day one bugs are still not fixed. The worst being songs randomly skip ahead. Also another bug in iTunes I click to play a album and after it is done or even when only one or too songs finish it starts to play random songs in my library. Another annoying bug that started with the latest newest AM redesign.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
Turned off iCloud and what a difference iTunes makes when listening to music now. My library is blank so I have to search for what I want or go into for you but it is like night and day without that POS iCloud. Also the Android app does not use iCloud so my library is still there. This is why when I had many issues when they released iOS 10 it only worked on my Android devices or the for you section.

This is a perfect example of a web player without iCloud. I don't care about downloading songs. If my home internet goes down then I will switch to my T-Mobile network which gives me unlimited Apple Music streaming.

I think the best thing to be learned here is to not mix providers.

Apple, Google, Microsoft, Amazon... All 4 are good companies on their own but they all have their problems when mixed with other platforms.
Of course Amazon doesn't want you to watch Prime on an Apple TV.
Of course iTunes is going to be terribly slow on Windows and blazingly fast on MacOS.
Of course Google notifications are going to be terrible on every platform other than a Chromebook.

Stop trying to mix and match, it's probably the worst thing you could do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.