Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMoris

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2015
Hey,

I just received a new Amazon Echo and therefore I had to switch to Spotify.
Honestly, I really miss Apple Music, because it works much better, has better music recommendation, cheaper, and includes lyrics to every song.

I was wondering if you think Apple Music will ever be supported using Alexa or you have any idea how can I make them work together?

Thanks,

Last edited:

BadMelonFarmer

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2010
North Somerset
It’s live now, just enabled the Apple Music skill, not great pretty basic but it’s a start.
Is it just in Settings>Music Services in the Alexa App where you can add it?

Or do you have to search for a specific skill?

Hope it is in the UK too, as I know how good Amazon are at announcing new features only to find out it is only in the US.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009

Hope it is in the UK too, as I know how good Amazon are at announcing new features only to find out it is only in the US.
Yes, it's just in the Settings. You just add the music service and set as default if you want.

Reactions: BadMelonFarmer

burgman

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2013
Can you elaborate? Whats not great?
For one unlike other music services one can’t see any music or playlists, only previously played in Alexia app, speech commands only other than previously played, no advanced Apple Music commands or searches like with Siri, but hey it’s version one. I might still use Bluetooth when I want to jump around in music and not wanting to use voice commands every time

In the US you go to setting>music>Apple music and select,
it takes you to the skill and enable.

dkjc2017

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2017
Ahhh crap... reports are saying US only

Hope they add the other regions with Alexa and Apple Music ASAP.
[doublepost=1544823503][/doublepost]Hi I had a web chat with Amazon UK in the last hour and they are working at bringing this to the UK shortly and will post on their website and email Amazon customers when ready

BadMelonFarmer

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2010
North Somerset
[doublepost=1544823503][/doublepost]Hi I had a web chat with Amazon UK in the last hour and they are working at bringing this to the UK shortly and will post on their website and email Amazon customers when ready
Thanks for the info.

Hope it is sooner than later, Amazon have form of saying this and then in being years ( voice profiles for example)

shankar2

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2009
Yeah this amazon echo with Apple Music is only valid for US Apple Music accounts and us location for now.. wonder when they will roll it for other nations?

Secondly I doubt you can play playlists of your own uploaded songs which sucks.

jaredlipsitz

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2010
I live in the USA with a US Apple Music subscription but its saying Apple Music is not available in my region?!

MrMoris

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2015
Does anyone know how can I skip this and make it work not in the United States? I was happy to finally hear I can leave Spotify but got dissapointed again... Just amazing :(

chublet

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2018
Cant believe it doesn't work in the UK - I mean, what can possible be the reason for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.