Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dbrewood

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2018
Manchester, UK
Guys I need a bit of feedback here. I've just bought a Series 3 AW and of course have set up Apple Pay on it, I'm in the UK so have set up Santander and Natwest.

All well and good.

I've now made purchases with both cards and I expected that I'd see some sort of electronic receipt on the iPhone X or somewhere on the watch.

So far nothing has appeared. If I go into the Wallet on the iPhone I only see transactions that were made historically on the phone, nothing from the watch at all.

Is this expected behaviour or is there something I'm missing that I need to set somewhere?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

AaronG123

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2012
UK
This is expected behaviour... each device operates completely independently of each other due to security. Both act as if they are totally different cards. Unfortunately transaction history from the Watch is unavailable on the iPhone

dbrewood

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2018
Manchester, UK
Sigh, rather disappointing in that case. Should I have received a notification on the watch itself as I could live with that, but nothing appeared on there either.

Maybe I was spoilt as when I was on the Samsung Note 8 on Android you did get an electronic receipt on the phone when a payment was made on the watch :(

tarsins

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2009
Wales
Been using Apple Pay since its arrival in the UK and never once had any notification or receipt from the watch. You get used to it.

RedGT

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2014
London innit
Yeah....so be careful when you tap in on oyster you use the same device at the beginning and end of a journey....quite annoying really.

dbrewood

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2018
Manchester, UK
Good news is that this is changing in watchOS 5.

That is good news I’ve not seen that reported though exactly what is changing? Are receipts being produced?

Yeah....so be careful when you tap in on oyster you use the same device at the beginning and end of a journey....quite annoying really.

Luckily up where I live no such services are available lol.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
You only get a notification if you make the payment with your iphone and the notification shows up on your iphone. If you make the purchase with your Apple Watch you don’t get a notification.

dbrewood

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2018
Manchester, UK
You only get a notification if you make the payment with your iphone and the notification shows up on your iphone. If you make the purchase with your Apple Watch you don’t get a notification.
Indeed confirmed after a week of ownership. Hoping Apple address this in the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.