Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G3n3y0ungbl00d

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2017
hey guys,

Anyone running into trouble using the Apple Pencil while interacting with multitasking... seems like I should be able to make the dock appear or resize the split screen using the pencil but it’s not working for me...anyone having similar issues? Hope that Apple fixes this with the full release this fall...

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
hey guys,

Anyone running into trouble using the Apple Pencil while interacting with multitasking... seems like I should be able to make the dock appear or resize the split screen using the pencil but it’s not working for me...anyone having similar issues? Hope that Apple fixes this with the full release this fall...

I can’t know for sure but I don’t think these gaps are by accident. They are likely there to stop the user inadvertently summoning the dock/multitasking or changing the split when they’re drawing.

RobinInOR

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
The Pencil never worked for multitasking on ios10, or bringing up notifications or control center. Anything where thee was off screen to screen interaction

G3n3y0ungbl00d

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2017
Hmm okay...i think it would be great if this worked as I am often using my pencil to navigate on the ipad, not just for drawing...o well... just slows me down when I have to poke and drag w my finger when I am already using pencil

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.