Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wek

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2014
Denmark
Hi

I have recently imported all my pictures from Dropbox to Apple Photo. I have imported and kept my folder structure from Dropbox. Main folder Pictures, then below, Vacations, Cat, Concerts and such.

The folder structure is intact in apple Photo Albums -> My albums.

The program then collects all the photos in the Library -> Photo for showing all my photos from all time.

I have today uses hours cleaning up my pictures in the folders, Vacation, Cat and so on. Just to realize that the pictures in the folders, don't reflect the pictures in the Library -> Photos. I thought that the pictures from the imported folders where the ones to show there, and when I deleted in the folders, it also deleted in the Library -> Photos.

Byt no, all the pictures I have deleted in the folders still shows in the Library -> Photos

is there anyway to reload the Library -> Photos, so it reflect the pictures from my now updated folders?

I hope you understand :)

Thanks

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
If the Folders/Albums that you are deleting your photos from are in the Photos Sidebar, then you have only deleted from the Folder/Album. The photos in there are just links to the original photo in Photos>Library.

To delete a photo completely you must delete from Photos>Library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.