Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SenorWhyMe

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 1, 2021
I know its mainly for Apple TV; but It would be awesome for external monitors for macbooks to color calibrate just for your extra monitors. Imagine just connecting your macbook to your BenQ monitor and given the option to color calibrate that monitor by using your phone. ( I know it doesn't actually calibrate the monitor but the settings within the device that is outputting to the monitor )

arobert3434

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2013
This would be awesome. Maybe they don't want to hurt the high-end calibrated monitor market though (including their own external display).

SenorWhyMe

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 1, 2021
This would be awesome. Maybe they don't want to hurt the high-end calibrated monitor market though (including their own external display).
i don’t think it would hurt as much since it is on the device side that is calibrated and not the monitor itself

iMacPad

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2021
i just thought, that would be great, if i could calibrate my 4k tv using my mac mini and iphone. then i could use it to edit photos. or if thats not coming maybe buy an apple tv and mirror my mac screen? would that do the trick?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.