Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John.B

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
FYI,

Digital Camera Raw Compatibility Update 3.2

About Digital Camera Raw Compatibility Update 3.2

This update extends RAW image format compatibility to Aperture 3 and iPhoto ’09 for the following cameras:
* Canon EOS Rebel T2i / 550D / Kiss X4
* Leica S2
* Olympus E-450
* Olympus E-600
* Olympus E-620
* Sony Alpha DSLR-A230
* Sony Alpha DSLR-A330
* Sony Alpha DSLR-A380
* Sony Alpha DSLR-A450

It also addresses RAW processing issues for the following cameras:
* Canon EOS 30D
* Pentax K-x
* Pentax K-7

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Ahhh, glad to have my T2i supported. :)

Does anyone know what "issues" existed with the processing of Canon 30D RAW files that this supposedly corrects? I had a Canon 30D a while back and have lots of RAW images from that camera...

akdj

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
62.88°N/-151.28°W
"Still waiting for s-RAW for 5D MKII's...."

Why?> You've already got access to the latest DPP software from Canon's site. It's a better conversion than ACR and Aperture anyway;) Use DPP and export to Ap3 for editing, etc.

Kronie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2008
Sorry, I didn't really read the post. I thought it was just support for OSX. It would be nice if 10.6.3 could let me see my s-RAW files through the OS like I can with my full size RAW's and not in Lightroom or DPP.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Sorry, I didn't really read the post. I thought it was just support for OSX. It would be nice if 10.6.3 could let me see my s-RAW files through the OS like I can with my full size RAW's and not in Lightroom or DPP.

I expect it works that way, although one of the T2i owners would have to verify that. But with this update I expect Preview, Quick Look, and the icon view should now work with these RAW files as well as iPhoto and Aperture (which the announcement explicitly listed).

Could one of you T2i owners either confirm or rebut this?

boramilrn

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2009
NJ, USA
...Preview, Quick Look, and the icon view should now work with these RAW files as well as iPhoto and Aperture (which the announcement explicitly listed).

Could one of you T2i owners either confirm or rebut this?

Confirmed on all counts. T2i RAW files are viewable in Aperture, Preview, Quick Look and icon view.

Kronie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2008
Interesting. I dont use iphoto or Aperture. Therefore I cant run this update (i just tried and was told by the OS that its just for iphoto and aperture.....but it appears if I installed iphoto (which I have but not installed) and ran the update (or 3.0 at least) I can view my 5D MK II s-RAW files in the finder/preview/quick Look?

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Interesting. I dont use iphoto or Aperture. Therefore I cant run this update (i just tried and was told by the OS that its just for iphoto and aperture.....but it appears if I installed iphoto (which I have but not installed) and ran the update (or 3.0 at least) I can view my 5D MK II s-RAW files in the finder/preview/quick Look?

It'd be an easy enough thing to try - I doubt iPhoto is going to tie up an inordinate amount of your disk space. I'd think it should do exactly what you say.

But given how these updates work (on the OS not the app), it is a rather weird restriction they've placed on them IMHO.

Kronie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2008
So after I installed iPhoto and ran the update I can now see my s-RAW files in the finder window and preview. Why Apple cant just update the OS to support it is beyond me but its working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.