Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timothevs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
FL
ARD 3.9.4 is out, and it is Big Sur only. Does anyone know how to download the previous version for Catalina from the App Store?

My techs use it to manage around 40 odd Macs in our Office. Since I have not yet given the green light for our team to upgrade the machines to Big Sur (we usually wait till .1 or .2), we cannot install the latest version. That leaves those with ARD already installed, with a BIG update pending notification on our App Store icon, along with the BIG update pending notification on the Preferences icon. It makes the OCD side of me flinch every time I look at the dock.

BUT, we have a new guy starting on Monday, and he will be on Catalina - with a freshly imaged machine. Where can we find a version that will work with Catalina?

gctwnl

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2005
The Netherlands
I have exactly the same question. Just received a new MBP and it comes with Catalina and it cannot be updated to Big Sur yet.

Did you ever find a way?

bethsmith

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2020
Following for similar reasons. Any updates/information would be greatly appreciated!

gonglosaur

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2019
Any updates on this? I don't understand why Apple isn't allowing users on older OSes to install an older, compatible version — as is possible on iOS…

dlopan

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2008
Albuquerque
I tried downloading 3.9.3 but the installer tells me it's already installed. Not so much. Not anywhere I can find it.

q3anon

macrumors regular
May 8, 2020
ARD 3.9.4 is out, and it is Big Sur only. Does anyone know how to download the previous version for Catalina from the App Store?

My techs use it to manage around 40 odd Macs in our Office. Since I have not yet given the green light for our team to upgrade the machines to Big Sur (we usually wait till .1 or .2), we cannot install the latest version. That leaves those with ARD already installed, with a BIG update pending notification on our App Store icon, along with the BIG update pending notification on the Preferences icon. It makes the OCD side of me flinch every time I look at the dock.

BUT, we have a new guy starting on Monday, and he will be on Catalina - with a freshly imaged machine. Where can we find a version that will work with Catalina?

1- Open App Store
2- Select Your name at App Store (Lower left corner of App Store)
3- Search for ARD app that you installed in the past
4- Install it (It will ask if you want to download the ARD app version available to your OS)

Last edited:
Reactions: ktappe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.