Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luminak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2019
Forgive me if this isn't in the right topic or if this site in general isn't the place to discuss this but I just don't know what to do. Perhaps I just want some piece of mind.

It's been two days since I went to the genius bar for my macbook pro. At that time, the representative told me they needed to send my macbook over for repairs (replacing the keyboard and battery) but my status hasn't been changed online.

It's been two days and they haven't even SHIPPED it to the repair center? I mean, they told me this would take 3 to 8 days, but still. I'm an artist, I already make very little and NEED my computer for my job.

What should I do? Is this normal? Should I call? And on a slightly unrelated note but still related, how many of you have had SUCCESSFUL repairs done this way?

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Don't know what to tell you except that if you've been following the threads on replacing the keyboard, you'll see that some folks were without their machine for as long as two weeks before getting it back. I know that's not good news but perhaps you can find a substitute machine to use in the meantime.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.