Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alzatron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2007
Under Focus, I have 'Share Across Devices' turned OFF on all of my Apple devices (Macs, iPhones and iPads). Nevertheless, when I turn on or off 'Do Not Disturb' on one iPhone 12 my other iPhone 12 copies (syncs) that setting. I have a message on the iPhone that states, "Focus Syncing REQUIRES Two Factor Authentication". I do not use Two Factor Authentication. The switch is deactivated (grayed out), but it IS in the OFF position. How can I STOP sharing 'Do Not Disturb' across my 2 iPhones? Using iPhone's 12 and the latest iOS.

Thanks

Reggaenald

Suspended
Sep 26, 2021
Factors reset them and restore backups.
Apple Support is seemingly always a has been and will be in the dark of hundreds of “fringe” problems on Apple devices.

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
Factors reset them and restore backups.
Apple Support is seemingly always a has been and will be in the dark of hundreds of “fringe” problems on Apple devices.
Nah...they will know. It's a typical 'deny everything' damage-limitation technique. Nearly every company does it. Tell every individual customer their issue is unique and they haven't heard of the problem before, then in a few weeks or months, quietly dispatch a fix that cures it while whistling Dixie with their hands clasped behind their back in a 'nothing to see here move along' manner.

Reggaenald

Suspended
Sep 26, 2021
Nah...they will know. It's a typical 'deny everything' damage-limitation technique. Nearly every company does it. Tell every individual customer their issue is unique and they haven't heard of the problem before, then in a few weeks or months, quietly dispatch a fix that cures it while whistling Dixie with their hands clasped behind their back in a 'nothing to see here move along' manner.
Maybe in your experience.
Every time I was in contact with Support staff that was in the dark, actually usually Seniors, they still did everything they could to help me, including shipping me new iPhones…
So, sorry if your experience is this bad.

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
Maybe I was being a little flippant. Apple programmers, with salaries that would make certainly my eyes water, know of every single bug and vulnerability that consumers like you and I have ever found, and a whole lot of others we haven't. It's extremely common protocol throughout every industry for service-centre staff to use the 'damage limitation' approach of telling every customer they're the first to report an issue, until that issue is publicly acknowledged and they are given official 'lines to take'. Literally no customer service centre has ever said to me wow you're the 300th person to report the same issue today, there must be a problem. Alternatively, there is the outside possibility I'm exceedingly good at identifying unique bugs which genuinely do not affect literally anyone else. But I don't think that's the case.

alzatron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2007
Sarcastically, maybe Focus syncing requires two-factor authentication to work properly…including being "off".
I posted the question on the Apple's Discussion page and no one any good answers. I was referred to Apple Support and they did not help either. I have reported this issue to Apple as a "Bug". Frankly, it seems that they treat anyone who doesn't use Two Factor Authentication as an “out-lier”. It really is a shame because I like having the ability to have the iPhones using Do Not Disturb independently. So, I am now forced to use the switch on the side to completely silence the iPhone. Of course, this means Favorites cannot break through. I loved how the iPhone worked before “Focus". It's unfortunate that so many “upgrades” turn into downgrades.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.