Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pedrohen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2019
Hey, guys!
I am planning to purchase a black Nike Nike Sport Loop and I wonder: does the Nike SL feel the same as Apple? I saw in a video that Nike's is not as "soft" as Apple's. That's true?

tuanlouis

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2020
Hi there. As a band collector I can make sure that since Apple Watch S5, the Apple loop is different from the Nike loop. The density of nylon wave on Apple loop is greater than that on Nike loop. I feel more comfortable with Apple loop, but I can understand they cannot increase the density of nylon wave on Nike loop, that will decrease the reflection. There is no difference between Apple loop of S4 and the Nike loop.

Attached is my collection.
E86D3ADF-C940-41D1-8322-5F77B07DD75D.jpeg

[automerge]1587994644[/automerge]
And you are correct, Apple loop (since S5) is softer.

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
Hi there. As a band collector I can make sure that since Apple Watch S5, the Apple loop is different from the Nike loop. The density of nylon wave on Apple loop is greater than that on Nike loop. I feel more comfortable with Apple loop, but I can understand they cannot increase the density of nylon wave on Nike loop, that will decrease the reflection. There is no difference between Apple loop of S4 and the Nike loop.

Attached is my collection. View attachment 909771
[automerge]1587994644[/automerge]
And you are correct, Apple loop (since S5) is softer.
We have a Nike sports loop for the 4. Is the length of the loop the same for non-nike loops?

toxtrepla

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2020
I’m not even sure I would say “softer” or not, but the newer Apple non-Nike bands are definitely a little bit thicker And overall more comfortable in my opinion at least.

Reactions: twanj and harriska2

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
I’m not even sure I would say “softer” or not, but the newer Apple non-Nike bands are definitely a little bit thicker And overall more comfortable in my opinion at least.
Cool, have a newer 40mm sport loop coming for the hubby’s Series 5 I just got him for $300 at Best Buy. It’s fun to see the guy that said “he’d never wear that watch - or any watch” now wearing it and trying to figure out all the health stuff, ECG, and watch faces available to him. Still snickering about it.

tuanlouis

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2020

Sure thicker, greater density of nylon wave, more comfortable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.