Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

espositopullo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
Hi everyone, I just got my Apple Studio Display delivered and I’ve noticed that the image is subtly distorted, almost like a fish eye effect.

It’s subtle but very noticeable. Basically the middle part seems closer to you while the edges seem farther away. The glass panel seems fine, it’s almost as if the LCD panel itself is slightly bent inside of the display.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
No issues here.

Go to this site https://www.eizo.be/monitor-test/ and view the first test. It should look like this:

Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 5.22.58 PM.png

Reactions: Sharky II

espositopullo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
The first test does look fine. But I don’t see how it will indicate if the LCD panel is slightly bent? The image still be the same, it’s just that you see a subtle distortion on the edges.

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
The first test does look fine. But I don’t see how it will indicate if the LCD panel is slightly bent? The image still be the same, it’s just that you see a subtle distortion on the edges.
The grid pattern and border should help you see any distortion more easily.

If you see the panel itself is bent, I would contact Apple for a replacement.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
If you’re sitting in the center the edges really are farther away. LCD displays have fixed from terry. It’s highly unlikely that the panel could be “bent” in any way. If you posted a picture would we see it?

Reactions: Sharky II
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.