Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MonoQ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2020
Australia
So basically just joined MR to vent this out here and ask why would Apple Australia be be giving absurd offers even for the recent Macs now that the new M1's have been released. I compared the Apple Canada / US sites and they still offer pretty decent rates. However, I checked my MacBook Pro 16 i9 1TB and the max they offer is AUD 750$ :/

Like comparing it to the canadian equivalent, thats way too low. Any leads as to why the Australian market is like this

OLDCODGER

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
Lucky Country
So basically just joined MR to vent this out here and ask why would Apple Australia be be giving absurd offers even for the recent Macs now that the new M1's have been released. I compared the Apple Canada / US sites and they still offer pretty decent rates. However, I checked my MacBook Pro 16 i9 1TB and the max they offer is AUD 750$ :/

Like comparing it to the canadian equivalent, thats way too low. Any leads as to why the Australian market is like this

Market share and choice. Oz always gets ripped off, when comparing to much bigger markets.

Reactions: MonoQ and EmmEff

MonoQ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2020
Australia
I also don’t understand the significance of comparing to Canada. Why is this relevant?
Good question. I failed to mention that i'd be moving to Canada by March hence was comparing, and hence might just keep the mac till then

ght56

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2020
My guess would be that the subcontractor used may vary by country. If it does not, that subcon potentially pays more in areas with stronger used markets where they can more rapidly turn it around, or in areas where they have in-country facilities to handle whatever third party refurbishment/sales processes they go through upon purchasing the Apple product.

Reactions: EmmEff
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.